Periods and their intricacies can be tricky to navigate, especially if it’s your first time!
Girlish’s Period Positive Paperback Journal is filled with advice and friendly tips. This journal offers tools to encourage one to learn to love their cycle. It touches on period care, proper period hygiene, PMS, self-care tips including positive affirmations, a yearly period journal, hormonal changes, contraceptive methods, period products, fun facts, and more!
It’s normal to be unsure of what to expect when joining period-hood. Period Positive was written so young people, including transitioning young adults, can understand the nuances of periods and encourage positivity and remove shame within this particular topic.
This frank, funny, and fascinating menstruation guide from Period Positive movement founder and menstrual researcher, Girlish offers:
- A practical, science-backed guide to your period with arresting infographics, and anatomical diagrams
- Answers to all your period-related questions, exploring topics like the functions and effects of hormones, when periods are "normal" or "abnormal," hormonal birth control, sex, fertility, and pregnancy.
- Explanations of common female health conditions such as PCOS and endometriosis
Find answers to the common period myths
Light or heavy, early or late, painful or painfully bad timing; periods can sometimes be a nightmare if you aren’t readily prepared. With beautiful visuals and question-and-answer format, our Period Positive Paperback Journal provides practical advice on managing the common symptoms most women have during their period from easing cramps to using a menstrual cup, coming off the pill, and managing PMS.
Product Additional Info:
- Reading age 8-16 years old
- Print Length 38 pages
- Language English
- Grade level 4-10
- Dimensions 5.5” x 8.5” portrait
Publication date August 24, 2021