Last week we spoke about foods to avoid during your period! Now I bet you’re wondering what foods you should eat during your period. Well, we’re going to tell you what foods you should eat! Different foods contain different sources of energy, can alleviate your discomfort, and are natural remedies. Keep reading to find out the right foods for you!
Foods to Eat
- Salmon: A natural inflammatory and can help with cramps.
- Cranberries: Relieves menstrual discomfort.
- Apples: A natural sweet snack and contains fiber. Helps with cramps and water retention!
- Sweet potato: Helps with PMS.
- Leafy greens: Helps with your iron levels.
This is a great way to prepare in the future! Your body is going to crave all different types of foods and most of them are typically unhealthy. And most of the time people won’t know what triggers them in a negative way. We want to make sure your body is getting filled with the best nutrients. It’s hard to fight cravings, but switching your mindset can lead to proactive period health!